From Seedbed they are supporting entrepreneurs that have early-stage products or services that utilise innovative agrifood technologies set to make a big impact on any part of the food sector, including the way to produce, deliver, consume, recycle and value the food.
This program trains and supports teams over a period of six months to help them better understand the needs of their customers and validate their business ideas, allowing them to test the market directly with more than 100 potential customers and learn how to move from a commercial proposal to a validated business.
You will receive:
- Funding of up to €10,000 to validate your business idea with potential customers, plus the opportunity to access a further €20,000 through a Startup Launch Grant.
- Mentorship from leading agrifood sector experts with specialised knowledge and skills to develop food sector innovation.
- Training at a five-day residential bootcamp based on a unique customer-oriented methodology to help you create a startup business model.
Who should apply?
- Residents, citizens or legal entity based in a Member State of the European Union (EU) or associated countries that have a disruptive early-stage business idea that has the potential to transform the agrifood tech space
- Passionate about transforming our food system and are highly motivated to improve your business skills.
Proposed innovations must fall under one of the strategic objectives of EIT Food, listed below:
- Overcome low consumer trust
- Create consumer valued food for healthier nutrition and affordable personal nutrition choices
- Build a consumer-centric connected food system
- Enhance sustainability