RESTART & EXPAND SmartAgriHubs Open Calls
The SmartAgriHubs Open Call for proposal has as a key objective to expand the existing SmartAgriHubs community network in a joint effort of an active and dynamic community that creates knowledge and practical experience through the realisation of innovation experiments that facilitate and disseminate digital innovation in the agri-food domain.
SmartAgriHubs will assign up to 5,000,000€ funding to the RESTART and EXPAND open calls, addressing Digital Innovation Hubs that are supporting diverse stakeholders in the agri-food economy and specifically SMEs as drivers for digital innovation.
- Open Call: RESTART the Economy around Food System. Open call for hackathon type of activities that will contribute to the RESTART of the European Agri-Food Economy with short and medium-term impact to mitigate the effects of the COVID-19 crisis.
The idea is to support the European agri-food economy to better cope with the requirements of the “new normal” and maintain its global competitive position by proposing hackathons, challenges and datathons that have direct as well as indirect impact to mitigate effects of the Covid-19 or similar (future) pandemics.
- Open Call: EXPAND the network. Open Call for Digital Innovation Hubs that are supporting the realisation of Innovation Experiments, mobilising the related stakeholders and facilitating the access to Competence Centre related services.
The main objective is to stimulate initiatives involving DIHs as the main proposers of innovation experiments, CCs as implementers of innovation experiments and even fostering the collaboration of different type of DIHs, or engaging DIHs with diverse maturity levels to elaborate blueprints to facilitate the expansion of the community.
Proposers shall consider the following key characteristics that need to be taken into account for being able to submit an eligible proposal for the EXPAND the Network open call:
- The funding that is provided by SmartAgriHubs is exclusively available for developing, maturing, and providing Digital Innovation Hub (DIH) innovation services.
- For being eligible to receive this funding, DIHs need to support one or more Innovation Experiments (IEs) with their services.
- The overall proposal budget shall assign a maximum of 20% for DIH service provision and a minimum of 80% for realising the supported Innovation Experiment(s).
- The maximum of 20% for DIH service provision can be requested as funding from SmartAgriHubs, where the 80% should be mobilised by additional public or private sources.
- One DIH could ask for a maximum of 100,000 Euro funding in total from SmartAgriHubs in one or also several proposals.
Proposals can be submitted for evaluation until the closure of the open call, and will be evaluated in batches at regular points in time.
- First batch evaluation before September 03rd 2020, 17:00
- Second batch evaluation before November 05th 2020, 17:00
Also, the SAH Network offers the possibility for potential proposers to connect with different organisations (DIHs, CCs, SMEs, technology providers, NGOs, farmers, etc.) through different functionalities.
If you want more information about the Open Calls visit the official page.