NGI Zero Discovery Open Call
NGI0 Discovery project foresees as an eligible activity the provision of financial support to third parties, as a means to achieve the objectives of the Next Generation Internet initiative and to contribute to a resilient, trustworthy and sustainably open internet.
Discovery and identification technologies allow us to search and access large heterogeneous data sources and services.
This not just includes sifting through documents and multi-media content, make rich structured information available but also the ability to conjure up real-time information from embedded sensors on devices. In order to cope with the resulting wealth of information, users can be supported by means like contextual querying and personalised information retrieval.
The following types of activities qualify for financial support, provided they are cost effective and have a clear link to the topics directly relevant to NGI0 Discovery – technologies related to search and discovery – and the objectives set out in the call:
- scientific research
- design and development of open source software and open hardware
- validation or constructive inquiry into existing or novel technical solutions
- software engineering aimed at adapting to new usage areas or improving software quality
- formal security proofs, security audits, setup and design of software testing and continuous integration
- documentation for researchers, developers and end users
- standardisation activities, including membership fees of standards bodies
- understanding user requirements and improving usability/inclusive design
- necessary measures in support of (broad)er deployability, e.g. packaging
- participation in technical, developer and community events like hackathons, IETF, W3C, RIPE meetings, FOSDEM, etc. (admission fee, travel and subsistence costs)
- other activities that are relevant to adhering to robust software development and deployment practices
- project management
- out-of-pocket costs for infrastructure essential to achieving the above
Expected duration of participation: 1-12 months
Maximum amount of financial support for each third party: 50.000 €. We are seeking project proposals between 5.000 and 50.000 € with the potential to scale them up if there is proven potential.
Complete overview of the call: https://nlnet.nl/discovery/