MediaFutures Final Open Call for supporting responsible and innovative uses of data
MediaFutures project is looking for creative and impactful ideas and solutions to support and strengthen quality journalism, science communication and education, transparency and democracy, to counteract the negative impact of online misinformation and disinformation across society, and help to build trust in scientific and democratic institutions.
- Artists are able to apply for up to €40,000 for collaborative work with startup businesses, or up to €30,000 for pure arts projects
- Startup businesses can apply for €65,000 to create new products, or €80,000 to work with artists on innovation.
Artists can work from available datasets or work with their own, as well as reacting to current affairs, media stories or issues around media freedom and accuracy.
We are particularly interested in supporting projects that actively engage citizens through co-design, user testing, or other participatory processes that give citizens a stake in the project’s development.
MediaFutures has three programme tracks open for applications from artists and artistic companies, startups, SMEs and groups of individuals:
- Artists for Media – a six month Residency programme for artists with an innovative concept to explore data and technology, and its impact on individuals and society
- Startups for Citizens – a six month Accelerator programme for startups to build a product or service that encourages novel, meaningful ways to engage with media content
- Startup meets Artist – a six month mixed Residency and Accelerator support programme for teams of startups and artists to collaboratively develop new ideas around data technology and the arts.
Applications are being encouraged from those groups who are not as well-represented in the art and start-up worlds, or face additional barriers to entry, including those from ethnic minorities, women and non-binary individuals, the LGBTQ+ community, those with disabilities and those in lower-middle income countries.
For more information on how to apply, visit: https://mediafutures.eu/opencall/