ITEA Call 2021 – software innovation projects
Once a year, ITEA offers the opportunity to submit research project proposals that fit in the domain of software innovation. For this purpose, a Call is organized each year starting with a brokerage event. In a two-stage procedure, the quality of the project proposal is evaluated and improved, finally leading to a selection of high-quality project proposals that receive the official ITEA label. The ITEA label provides project partners with the possibility of applying for public funding from their national Public Authorities.
Consortia & project characteristics
- Project consortia need to have at least two different partners from two different countries, of which one must be a Eureka Member Country and another one either a Eureka Member Country or a Eureka Associated Country.
- Project consortia can be composed of representatives from large industry, small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs), research institutes, universities and user organisations (profit or non-profit).
- ITEA projects are industry driven, technically innovative and business oriented.
- ITEA projects involve generally between 40 and 350 person-years and typically last up to three years.
Two-stage Call process
- Producing a Project Outline (PO):
This PO gives a short overview of a project, mainly to describe the project goals, innovation, targeted business impact and consortium. Project Outlines which are positively evaluated are invited for the second stage;
- Producing a Full Project Proposal (FPP):
This FPP describes the project plan and how the project will be executed and managed. Approved FPPs will receive the ITEA label.