DigiFED Open Call for Application experiments – Digital challenge
DigiFed offers grants of up to 50.000 € as well as technical and business support for the development of smart applications.
If you are:
- Developing novel and innovative smart solutions worthy of market leaders.
- Bridging the physical and virtual worlds with advanced technologies and industrialized solutions.
DigiFed offers you:
- Access to industrial platforms in the domain of cyber-physical and embedded systems (CPS).
Product support aimed at bringing your innovations to target markets.
- Up to € 50k in funding per applicant SME – representing 70% of your project’s total declared budget.
Access to high-level technical expertise pooled from research centres across Europe.
- Innovation management support focusing on sustainable business development – to bring your innovation to market via DigiFed and the Smart Anything Everywhere ecosystem.
- Digital Innovation Hub (DIH) services to identify technical partners, commercial opportunities in Europe and receive tailored support, webinars and boot camps through the DigiFed project.
DigiFed is open to CPS and embedded systems-related proposals including, but not limited to, the following fields:
- Smart applications
- Artificial Intelligence
- Additive manufacturing
- Application-specific semiconductor technologies
- Heterogeneous integration and smart miniaturized systems
- Micro and nano bio-systems
- Energy efficiency of systems
Proposals shall be pan-European encouraging cross-border collaboration:
With partners/technologies facilitated by the DigiFed team
With a technology supplier or a customer (in Europe) of your choice.
Only Start-Ups, SMEs and Midcaps are entitled to receive cascade funding.
If you have a promising innovative idea, we will help you to bring it to the market – do not miss this opportunity and apply to the open call to realize your innovative solution!
Expected duration of participation: 12 months
Application Experiments (AEs) are the core activity of DigiFed. This pathway directly supports SMEs and Midcaps with different levels of digital maturity:
- For SMEs with low digital maturity it offers the capacity for SMEs to catch up and upgrade their skills and existing products with dedicated services, tools and solutions.
- For SMEs with higher digital maturity it offers further innovative technology integration as well as access to potential customers including larger industrial stakeholders.
The third open call presents three types of Application Experiment:
- Single AE: involves one European SME and one DigiFed Technical partner which provides support and expertise.
- Twin AE: involves two European SMEs with complementary expertise and legally based in two different countries (cross-border condition).
- Twin AE with one low-digitalized company: involves two SMEs cooperating cross-border, of which at least one with a low digital maturity level. In this configuration, Twin applicants can request the additional optional support of a DigiFed Technical partner.