Chameleon Open Call 1
CHAMELEON project (A Holistic Approach to Sustainable, Digital EU Agriculture, Forestry, Livestock and Rural Development based on Reconfigurable Aerial Enablers and Edge Artificial Intelligence-on-Demand Systems) is looking for applicants to propose and develop new bundles for the platform, expanding the geographical and technological borders of the project by attracting innovative SMEs/Research Centers while adding exploitable value to the participants’ businesses.
The 5 best applicants will be selected and 100% financed up to a maximum of €60,000 in a lump sum scheme.
With this Open Call, the goal is to attract tech innovative companies to contribute to the CHAMELEON platform with the development of new bundles that enhance the platform’s technological offering in the scope of UAV technological approaches to agriculture/forestry/livestock problems.
List of existing bundles
- Vegetation monitoring and census
- Large woody debris on rivers
- Health status of vegetation
- Monitoring humidity of soil and plants for assessing risk of fire
- Crop growth and development monitoring (Vineyard)
- Vineyard water stress due to drought
- Livestock management (herd) and monitoring (individual animal)
- Animal’s health
- Monitoring flora at high-altitude grazing areas for seasonal animal feeding
- Continuity of vegetation
- Characterization of urban-forest interface.
- Hot spot identification at the beginning of wildfire
- Collecting information about health status and stress (wild animals)
- Lameness detection in Cows
- Soil zonification
Additionally, a list of additional bundles has been proposed. CHAMELEON will finance a maximum of one proposal per bundle code.
- BC1 Access to forest (paths, roads): Monitor the access to forest areas after extreme weather conditions
- BC2 Health status of vineyards and early detection of pest and fungal infestations: Detection of pests and diseases in vineyards through leaf image analysis (e.g., Grapevine cicada, Esca fungus, Phytoplasmosis, Bactrocera oleae or Dryocosmus kuriphilus)
- BC3 Engraving and monitoring of trekking paths: Detection of trekking marks left on pastures due to tourism
- BC4 Early detection of health status in forest: Detection of pests and drought in forests through leaf image analysis
Applicants must have a clear plan to exploit the tools developed in the scope of this open call.