Better Factory: Open call for cooperative industrial projects
Better Factory launches a call to select 8 knowledge transfer experiments (KTE), among all previously registered entities.
The objective of the KTE is to lead, through cooperation between manufacturers, technology providers and artists, a diversification of the product portfolio, with the aim of improving business models.
The KTEs will address the following sectors:
- Plastic and rubber
- Furniture and Wood
- Food and agriculture
- Metal and machinery
- Textile and leather
Up to € 200,000 will be distributed to each of the selected KTEs, based on the successful delivery of technical and commercial reports, along with a 16-month experimentation program.
KTE applications must be submitted by consortia composed of:
- A mid-cap manufacturing company – MidCap (up to € 50,000)
- A technology provider (up to € 100,000)
- An artist (up to € 50,000)
Collaborations between manufacturers, artists, and technology providers can take many forms and deliver a wide variety of results. At a technical level, the focus will be to minimize the impact on the cost of production and create more value by:
- Reduction of waste, energy consumption and other resources
- Factory logistics optimization
- Using robots to support workers
- Production planning and simulation