Avebiom, the Spanish Association for the Energy Valorization of Biomass, was established in 2004 in order to promote the development of the Bioenergy sector in Spain. It results from the union of the main players in the bioenergy sector that cover the entire biomass value chain.
Based in Valladolid, it works so that day by day the use of biomass is greater in the industrial network.
AVEBIOM has a consolidated sectoral representation at the international and national level. These are some of the organizations with which they actively collaborate:
- They are members of the European Association of Biomass (Bioenergy Europe) and are part of its board of directors.
- They coordinate the Sustainability Group of the World Bioenergy Association.
- They are part of the Executive Committee of the Biomass Panel of the European Technological Platform for Renewable Air Conditioning.
- They are promoters and founding members of the European Pellet Council. They have been chosen to implement the ENplus wood pellet quality seal certification system in Spain.
- They actively collaborate with the Institute for Energy Diversification and Saving (IDAE) and with the Energy Agencies.
Its integration into the DIHBU as a member takes place in November 2020.